Recommitting

After the craziness of the day I head to my bed, fluff the pillows, turn on the electric blanket and pull up the latest download from my kindle library.  Reading has always been a favorite escape for me, but I have become a little obsessed lately.  Something about the easiness of getting books combined with the fact that there are so many that are free makes for a killer combination for me.  Sadly a lot of the free books are worth the time spent reading them, so I have decided to spend some of my nights writing instead.  Don't misunderstand.  I'll still be in my bed, with the electric blanket and pillows, but now my electronic device of choice will be my mini red laptop instead of the kindle...sometimes.

Now, what to write about?  I love so many things, but my biggest focus right now is my kids, raising them and doing an awesome job of it.  It's a work in progress.  After having a baby this year and being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and atypical migraines I feel like my energy level is down, and all I can think about towards evening is the moment when all of the kids are in bed and I can head to my room and shut the door.  It's not that I shouldn't have time to myself, but I'm checking out well before that and my kids are feeling it.  My 8-year-old daughter recently asked God in a prayer that "Mom wouldn't be so busy so she could play with us more."  (And kids think that Mom's give the guilt trips.)  I have the ideas, but I need the accountability to make sure I'm sticking with my plan to make life fun, healthy, adventurous and full of laughs so I'm going to write about the things we are doing here on the blog.  I still have an endless supply of dirty laundry, dishes and homework to do, so I can't spend all day hovering over my children and filling their lives with fun, but my goal is to find small sections of time, some planned and some unexpected, where we can make memories that I am proud of.  I can't wait!!
Planning Playtime: Recommitting

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recommitting

After the craziness of the day I head to my bed, fluff the pillows, turn on the electric blanket and pull up the latest download from my kindle library.  Reading has always been a favorite escape for me, but I have become a little obsessed lately.  Something about the easiness of getting books combined with the fact that there are so many that are free makes for a killer combination for me.  Sadly a lot of the free books are worth the time spent reading them, so I have decided to spend some of my nights writing instead.  Don't misunderstand.  I'll still be in my bed, with the electric blanket and pillows, but now my electronic device of choice will be my mini red laptop instead of the kindle...sometimes.

Now, what to write about?  I love so many things, but my biggest focus right now is my kids, raising them and doing an awesome job of it.  It's a work in progress.  After having a baby this year and being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and atypical migraines I feel like my energy level is down, and all I can think about towards evening is the moment when all of the kids are in bed and I can head to my room and shut the door.  It's not that I shouldn't have time to myself, but I'm checking out well before that and my kids are feeling it.  My 8-year-old daughter recently asked God in a prayer that "Mom wouldn't be so busy so she could play with us more."  (And kids think that Mom's give the guilt trips.)  I have the ideas, but I need the accountability to make sure I'm sticking with my plan to make life fun, healthy, adventurous and full of laughs so I'm going to write about the things we are doing here on the blog.  I still have an endless supply of dirty laundry, dishes and homework to do, so I can't spend all day hovering over my children and filling their lives with fun, but my goal is to find small sections of time, some planned and some unexpected, where we can make memories that I am proud of.  I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home